Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Life in Bangalore

When we were in campus, there were always hot discussions on specific topics. One day, the topic was- Life in Bangalore. We’ve never had a good opinion about that. One of my close friend,Mummu with the eagerness to contribute more points to our discussion said “I will not marry a man, who has ever stepped foot in Bangalore”. On hearing that, I felt- “Yeah, if she can take such a strong decision, why cant I?” I also took a decision- Never to visit Bangalore.

It's said na- “Man proposes, God disposes.” That happened in my case. When I took the decision not to visit Bangalore again, God wanted me to be in Bangalore. That came in the form of a campus placement. In the last week of our college days, I got an offer from a company based in Bangalore.

I shifted with my friends to Bangalore and I start living here. Although I had a fear inside me during the initial days, slowly I realized that- “Even here, life is just like the one we had over there in campus.”

One day, while returning to my PG, I was going through my mobile pics. When I saw Mummus photo, I recalled the talk we had in our college and the decision I took that day. . I smiled to myself.

Suddenly a question flashed through my mind...

Will boys ever take any decision like “We will not marry a girl who is in Bangalore!”?!

2 comments:

Sudhi|I|സുധീ said...

Hey! Unfortunately i rchd here! Read ur post! "Mummu" is great! I was thinking of writing big big paragraphs for her!
But ur last question “We will not marry a girl who is/were in Bangalore!” gives all d answers!
Yep! Its more than a truth! I knw many and many with that decision!

Anyway good post! Everything have good and bad part.
“Man proposes, God disposes” :)

I got a good word veri: chali

Unknown said...

Haha, yo gonna hate me Sriji!
I am die hard Bangalorean. Like any other normal person I too love my hometown, lots :)

Marriage is marriage whether its a gal from Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai or Timbuctu.

We all prefer somebody who shares a common culture and upbringing. This gives us a common platform to begin with-"Comfortability"